The Memorial hall, which was built in the 1950s, was officially opened in 1957.
The hall has been run and managed by a comittee made up of people from local organisations and members of the public.
After several years of negotiations and failed attempts for grants, in December 2004 a package was finally agreed and a facelift costing some £760,000 could now begin.
The aim was to create a building with a wide range of facilities for local people and something that could act as a central ‘hub’ for businesses and visitors. This would include facilities for training, meetings and conferences, day care for the elderly, childcare and an information centre for local people and visitors.
The work commenced but was halted once again due to the death of the main building contractor.
A new contractor was found and after several months work started again.
Click to see slide show of building works
On May 13th 2007 the New Memorial Hall was finally re-opened. An all day extravaganza took place which was designed to attract as many people as possible of all ages to the new hall. That day some 1500 people passed through the doors which was a good reassurance that the people of Holsworthy really did want the new Memorial hall.
The Memorial Hall has now been fully renovated, providing a new multi-use resource centre for Holsworthy and its surrounding parishes.
The new Hall includes:
New training facilities, including IT training;
New conference and meeting facilities;
New State-of-the-art sound and vision facilities
New fully equiped commercial Kitchen
A privately funded 'Full' Bar facility
A new visitor information and interpretation centre;
Misiion Cafe (youth drop in centre)